If nothing else, it would be a surprise.
Ever since Marcus Coloma revealed that he would be leaving General Hospital, we’ve been wondering how the show would go on without Nikolas. Spencer’s father is, after all, central to… let’s put it mildly and say a lot of storylines.
But one seems to provide a door for a potential exit for the character more than the others. Esme hasn’t even been introduced to Mommie Dearest Heather on the program, so it stands to reason that Nikolas won’t whisk her off to Cassadine Island. And he wouldn’t voluntarily abandon his ex-girlfriend Liz or the flimsy scheme they’ve concocted. He would also not want to be separated from Ava, his wife, from whom he desperately hopes they may one day reconcile.
It might make sense, though, to leave Nikolas out of Victor’s grand scheme. Not to the audience, who will undoubtedly miss the character, but to Nikolas’ “late” grandmonster, Helena. She might wish to hit Victor and show him that he is not the biggest, baddest Cassadine around if she is, as has historically been the case, not quite as dead as we’ve been taught to believe. And what better way to accomplish that than to kidnap Nikolas, taking away a crucial piece of his uncle’s plan?
In addition to betraying Victor, Helena would be able to torture Nikolas, who you may recall is the most likely culprit in her poisoning. In captivity, he wouldn’t have any chance to influence Esme’s condition or Ava’s, and son Spencer would grow even more estranged, which is inconceivable already.
- GH Spoilers Video Preview: Two Huge Reveals Rock Port Charles
- General Hospital Spoilers for Next Two Weeks (May 29- June 9, 2023): Anna Gets ARRESTED, Carly Accuses Nina
- General Hospital: Zeke Returns To Port Charles, New Drama Ensues!
- General Hospital: Esme And Heather Reunite, Evil Rises Twice The Size
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers: Spencer Fumes as Baby Ace Gets Cassadine Fortune (VIDEO)