The fact that General Hospital consistently leaves us in suspense more than any other soap opera has to be reason number 21,853. Possibly reason number 21, 854; we’ve lost count. The point is that the December 28 episode of ABC’s sole daytime drama threw viewers another curveball by bringing Anthony Montgomery back to the big screen as Andre Maddox.
“It was lovely to have you back for a while,” Finola Hughes said on Instagram after Anna needed to ask her ex-boyfriend Andre about their past interactions with the Cassadines. She hoped that through gathering information, she and Valentin would be able to track down Lucy and establish that Anna hadn’t shot her. As if! (Read the complete summary here.)
Montgomery worked regularly at General Hospital from 2015 until 2019. Andre was first introduced as a psychiatrist taking over Anna’s case from Kevin at a time when she was still mourning Duke’s death and struggling with her apparent murder of his killer. He then dated Jordan before treating his own patient, but it was later discovered that he was more than he first appeared to be. What amount more? He turned out to be crucial in the confusing memory switch that further confused brothers Jason and Drew’s thinking.
Since leaving the serial opera, Montgomery has guest featured on shows like Magnum P.I. and performed in a number of films.
- ‘General Hospital’ Early Weekly Spoilers: Spencer Gets Huge News
- General Hospital Update: Thursday, March 23 – Liz’s Fate – Spencer & Esme’s Challenge – Curtis & Jordan Reconnect
- General Hospital Spoilers: Morgan’s Return the Key to Healing Sonny’s Broken Family – Only Solution After Michael’s Betrayal?
- General Hospital (GH) Spoilers: Marshall Encourages Portia To Reconcile With Curtis
- General Hospital Spoilers: Maxie Makes Cody An Offer-Wants Him To Perform An Act With Comet The Wonder Horse?