On GENERAL HOSPITAL, Michael’s current situation is extremely bleak as he plots to kill his father, Sonny, and supports Willow as she fights leukemia while carrying their child. Therefore, actor Chad Duell was glad to have a fun time in the soap opera’s 2022 Thanksgiving episode, which featured working with a real, live turkey!
In a recent issue of Soap Opera Digest, he shouted, “Those things are bigger than you’d imagine they would be.” Although I didn’t engage with him all that much, having a large turkey on set was a lot of fun. To change things up in that way is cool.
Duell continued, “You can sort of get caught up in the machine, the grind of the everyday, doing the same things all the time. And when you introduce a live animal, like the horse or the turkey [on the Quartermaine stables set], it alters the situation and forces you to break your usual pattern.
One of the more unusual ways that GH has made the Quartermaines order pizza for the holiday dinner was having the turkey brought to the Quartermaine house turn out to be a live one that would need to be killed and cleaned before they could cook it.
What could they possibly do right now to sabotage Thanksgiving?, I’m sure the fans were thinking. Duell proclaimed the GH custom’s yearly occurrence. And this one was distinctive—a live turkey wrecking havoc in our kitchen! I admit that I didn’t anticipate it.
The true query is: How will they surpass it the following year?
Enjoy GH? Join our We Love General Hospital Facebook group to discuss the hottest plotlines and intriguing rumors!
- GH Spoilers Video Preview: Two Huge Reveals Rock Port Charles
- General Hospital Spoilers for Next Two Weeks (May 29- June 9, 2023): Anna Gets ARRESTED, Carly Accuses Nina
- General Hospital: Zeke Returns To Port Charles, New Drama Ensues!
- General Hospital: Esme And Heather Reunite, Evil Rises Twice The Size
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers: Spencer Fumes as Baby Ace Gets Cassadine Fortune (VIDEO)