“If we would’ve just made it one or two more years…”
Relationships come and relationships go and sometimes we look back and wonder what happened but for others, the reasons are clear. In a recent sit-down with his castmate Maurice Benard (Sonny), during his interview show State of Mind, General Hospital’s Marcus Coloma (Nikolas) talked about just that…
Coloma and his ex-wife Sophia Banks have a lovely 13-year-old daughter named Coco, and despite their divorce, like many others, they are doing an outstanding job co-parenting their unique child. Coloma expressed her admiration for Banks, saying, “She’s brilliant, incredibly smart, she’s a badass, she’s been directing for a little while, and she’s exploding in it.”
However, like many marriages, theirs failed, as the ABC soap actress admitted, “It got hard when my kid was maybe four years old. If we had lived for just one or two more years after that, I believe we would have been great. Instead, we both feel a little bit like caged animals.
He continued by saying that it comes down to having “the mental toughness, the ability to compromise,” adding that relationships need you to swallow a lot of pride. He later said, “I’m not the best at that, but it’s evolving.”
Watch the full segment here:
- Who’s Leaving ‘General Hospital’ in 2023 – Cam Webber Gone – Epiphany Passes Away
- ‘General Hospital’ Two Week Spoilers: Dante Uncovers Shocking Truth
- General Hospital (GH) Spoilers: Esme And Spencer Custody Battle Shocker, Nikolas Crashes The Party
- General Hospital Spoilers: Vanna Breaks Horrible News To Lucy — What Is It?
- General Hospital Spoilers: Jordan And Curtis Are Red Carpet Ready Together At The Nurses’ Ball — And Portia Is Ticked