We’ll definitely have to tune in!
Few things about General Hospital’s Esme can surprise us anymore. Ryan’s daughter? Sure. Survives what seemed to be a fatal encounter with Ava to come back from the dead pregnant? Of course! Heck, we wouldn’t be surprised if she actually is the Hook and not just copying them!
But Avery Kristen Pohl did manage to surprise us when she answered fan questions on her Instagram stories over the weekend.
You see, one of the viewers wanted to know if the actress had any other skills, like singing or dancing.
Since I started working at GH, I haven’t danced much, but I did ballet for about 16 years, Pohl revealed. I’m hoping to start up again soon! As for singing, I can safely say that I am not a singer, but Esme might soon have a little tune for you guys.
Of course, it will have to be determined whether or not that is literal. Esme appears to be more of a jailbird than a songbird. In actuality, despite her brief escape, she is currently Nikolas’ prisoner. Since Nikolas has been holding her captive in Wyndemere, we can assume that the song she may be singing involves telling the world—or at the very least, Port Charles—that she is alive.
However, songsters on soap operas are nothing new; additionally, One Life to Live once featured a musical episode! We don’t see why Esme couldn’t sing just like Big Bird, who was able to sing about how blue he was in his cage.
Not that the two characters have even the slightest thing in common. Having said that, Esme is still a living being with feelings. When another fan questioned Pohl about how she depicted her character’s vulnerability, she further clarified that point.
Insecurities are something that all people have, but Pohl said that most people try to hide them. I do think Esme is an incredibly vulnerable person, despite the fact that she has learned to use many of her insecurities to her advantage (like sharing parts of her past with Spencer).
However, Esme’s “sense of entitlement keeps her going,” she continued to say. But being a pregnant woman should expose more chinks in Esme’s defenses.
Hey, maybe those jokes will be sufficient to elicit a song or two from her. We’ll just have to keep watching to see how this little tease plays out, I suppose.
- General Hospital Love Story: Which One Is The Best Right Now?
- General Hospital Comings And Goings: Grey’s Anatomy Star Makes A Visit
- General Hospital (GH) Spoilers: William Lipton Spills When To Expect Cameron Back – With Esme?!
- General Hospital Spoilers: Trina Will Be Devastated When Spencer Breaks It Off To Chase Esme
- General Hospital Spoilers: The Nurses’ Ball Is Just Around The Corner — Who’s Taking Esme?
- General Hospital Spoilers: As William Lipton’s Cameron Webber Exits, Actor Hints At Return
- General Hospital Spoilers UPDATE Friday, March 31: Misgivings And Regrets, Frantic Fears, Scary Discoveries
- General Hospital Spoilers: Valentin Pulls Out All The Stops For His Lady Love At The Nurses’ Ball
- General Hospital Star Maurice Benard Says This Is The Secret To Sonny Corinthos’ Sex Appeal
- General Hospital News: Genie Francis Admits That She’s Sick Of Hearing About Luke And Laura’s Wedding