“Sometimes our story isn’t that important.”
Kathleen Gati undoubtedly has opinions about Dr. Liesl Obrecht’s romantic life on General Hospital. The actress and I recently discussed the problematic elements of Obrecht’s relationship with Faison, but what about Scotty? By now, shouldn’t they have formed a partnership to take over Port Charles, whether it be romantically or otherwise?
Gati chuckles, “We ask that as well, but there are so many stories and Frank [Valentini], bless his heart, has to make everyone happy and he makes sure… everyone is represented, every category, everyone.”
However, what could possibly be more significant than two characters, each with their own unique villain origin stories, meeting after a wild one-night stand? Obrecht should never have declined the marriage proposal because it has already developed into a contemporary romance.
There is so much more to discover with Scotty and Obrecht that these two need to take a walk down the aisle. Will this delectable couple ever receive the prominent romantic plot that they merit?
The executive producer was praised by Gati for “doing a great job” and for realizing that “other stories are more important sometimes than our story.”
For more of our exclusive chat with Kathleen Gati — including her favorite memories from her decade-long run on General Hospital — watch the video above.
- General Hospital: Should Portia and Curtis Ashford Reunite?
- General Hospital Spoiler For The Week Of June 5-9, 2023: Will Carly Sell Sonny To The Feds? Drew Contemplates Turning On Carly
- General Hospital: Sasha Gets KIDNAPPED, Selina and Gladys’ Dangerous Game For Money
- General Hospital: Tyler Christopher ARRESTED At An Airport
- General Hospital: Will Jordan Ashford Compete With Portia To Win Curtis Back?