It’s been three years since Rebecca Budig checked out of General Hospital as Finn’s babymama and Elizabeth’s half sister, Hayden, and we’re still waiting for her return. “I am so grateful to all the fans who still ask me about [the show],” she tells Soap Opera Digest. “I’m so appreciative that people are like, ‘Come back!’
“It’s very sweet,” she adds, “and I hear they do still talk about Hayden from time to time… ”
How could they fail to? Only until Nikolas, her former lover and would-be killer, persuaded her that Valentin was the threat did the figure leave the stage. You’d think that after all this time, Hayden would have realized that he was lying to her and that she had missed a ton of priceless opportunities to spend time with Violet. But it seems not.
The timing would be ideal for Hayden to return to Port Charles if she does become wise. Finn is now dating her sister after a failed romance! Additionally, Liz just made contact with Jeff, whose long-ago actions were the reason Hayden was born!
Alas, Budig, who stars in CBS’ Fit for Christmas on Sunday, Dec. 4, hasn’t yet been contacted by the soap. “I haven’t heard anything from the show,” she says, “but I would always be open to coming back.” And, as ever, it seems less a question of if the show will reactivate Hayden as when.
- General Hospital: Will Spencer Use Victor’s Evidence Against Esme To Snatch Ace?
- ‘General Hospital’ Two Week Spoilers: Spencer Keeps Secret from Trina
- General Hospital Spoilers: Dex & Josslyn Elope – Quickie Wedding Helps with New Sonny Strategy?
- General Hospital Spoilers: Sonny Rejects Nina AND Carly Over Betrayals – Here Comes Brenda Barrett?
- General Hospital (GH) Spoilers: Curtis And Zeek Clash Over Jordan Romance