The author’s and his alone’s views on GH are expressed here. They’re usually right on point, appropriately biting, and amusing.
Every admirer has their own view about General Hospital, and Soap Hub is no different. We observed everything—the good, the terrible, and everything in between—for five days, and now we’re here to give you a helpful recap and a lighthearted analysis of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: The Critic’s POV
I have concerns, as usual. But first, a compliment. Those sequences involving Kevin (Jon Lindstrom) and Mac (John J. York) and Felicia (Kristina Wagner) were chef’s kiss outstanding. Excellent writing. Such good acting.
But why, oh why, did we not get to see Kevin’s personal Hell or Felicia’s cathartic-free kiss-off to Ryan? Show me rather than tell me.
I also have to disagree with Mac’s assertion that Cody is not our problem because he is not a member of our family. Does that truly fit the Mac character that we know and love?
Further GH Musings
- The narrative involving Willow (Katelyn MacMullen) goes on as usual.
- I’m a huge admirer of Alexis (Nancy Lee Grahn). HUGE. I adore her so much. I’ve always had a soft place for people who are both humorous and their own worst foes, and that pretty much sums up Alexis. Having said that, I find her…storyline?…with Gregory (Gregory Harrison) annoying, so I can only image how you critics out there must feel.
- Danny and Rocco are teens you say Dante (Dominic Zamprogna)?! [Cut to me figuring out the boys’ precise age in the present and finding out that they are actually, formally, preteens. Was this a textbook instance of SORASing, or was it an even more classic instance of Chris and Dan/Dan and Chris not being cognizant of the details?]
I wish I could support the entire “Let’s Torture Victor (Charles Shaughnessy) By Emasculating Him” narrative, but I find it to be fairly unconvincing.
- Why does Trina (Tabyana Ali) always have to bear everything and be grateful for it? Esme (Avery Kristen Pohl), however, has been made abundantly obvious to be the money figure, so of course she would need to be exiled from Spring Ridge in some way.
- General Hospital Love Story: Which One Is The Best Right Now?
- General Hospital Comings And Goings: Grey’s Anatomy Star Makes A Visit
- General Hospital (GH) Spoilers: William Lipton Spills When To Expect Cameron Back – With Esme?!
- General Hospital Spoilers: Trina Will Be Devastated When Spencer Breaks It Off To Chase Esme
- General Hospital Spoilers: The Nurses’ Ball Is Just Around The Corner — Who’s Taking Esme?