The author’s opinions are his and his alone. They’re suitably scathing, fairly humorous, and normally bang on target.
When it comes to General Hospital, every fan has their own opinion – and Soap Hub is no different. For five days, we sat and watched the good, the bad, and everything in between, and now we offer you a handy review, and a cheeky critique, of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: A Critic’s Week In Review
Did my untrained eye detect any indication of progress in any of the General Hospital storylines? Katelyn MacMullen’s Willow Tait finally revealed her cancer diagnosis, and Michael Corinthos (Chad Duell) reassured her that she had made the right decision; it was her body; and he didn’t even want a say in whether or not he would be okay raising two children alone if Willow were to pass away or if he would mind potentially losing his unborn child and the woman (who is reportedly the love of his life) carrying it. Elizabeth Webber
We were able to deduce Victor Cassadine’s (Charles Shaughnessy) ultimate goal, which is to obtain some Ice Princess artifacts. We also learned that Cody Bell (Josh Kelly), despite his current silence, is in fact Mac Scorpio’s (John J. York) legitimate son. Ugh.
Also, I believe it is safe to state that Esme Prince (Avery Kristen Pohl) is not the hook-wielding, slicing psychotic from General Hospital, so there’s that.
For a while, I’ve claimed that Josslyn Jacks (Eden McCoy) and Dex Heller (Evan Hofer) are meant to be Carly and Jason 2.0, but after witnessing her take care of him and shelter him, I’m starting to wonder if Chris and Dan/Dan and Chris don’t see them as substitutes for Liz and Jason.
I’d be remiss if I didn’t give the brave heroine Laura Collins (Genie Francis) high praise for accomplishing so much in just one day at home, including realizing that Miss Holly Sutton (Emma Samms) is not doing well, winding up Victor, and putting Eileen Ashby (Heather Mazur) in her place with hardly a raised voice. Her incisive comment that Nikolas Cassadine (Marcus Coloma) had his own phone and could tell Grandma Lesley everything he wanted to know made me chuckle as well. Although Laura is many things—the world’s salvation being foremost among them—she is not her son’s representative.
- I’m still fairly positive — no, more than certain — that Britt Westbourne (Kelly Thiebaud) was informed that the symptoms she had earlier were only the result of stress rather than the actual sickness, and that she only has the markers for Huntington’s disease. When did all of that turn into, “I have Huntington’s disease and it will kill me sooner rather than later?
- Ever since Alley Mills made her acting debut, I’ve had to watch her sequences with one eye closed and a running internal dialogue assuring me that she’s portraying some alternate universe version of my Heather Webber in order to stomach her. I must admit, though, that I really liked the actress who played Cameron Webber opposite William Lipton.
I don’t feel a whit for Willow, and I hope she does as she instructed Nina Reeves (Cynthia Watros) to do and drops dead, which may be an unpopular opinion, but I’m simply going to say it.
- ‘General Hospital’: Selina Wu Secretly Plotting Sonny’s Downfall?
- GH Weekly Spoilers: Death, Sadness, Mystery, And A Nurses Ball
- GH Spoilers: Willow’s Condition Takes A Turn, Carly & Nina Bury The Hatchet
- General Hospital Spoilers: Nina Falls for Drew as Carly & Sonny Reunite – Romantic Partner Swap Brewing?
- General Hospital (GH) Spoilers: Who Will Come To Nik’s Rescue?