The author’s and his alone’s views on GH are expressed here. They’re usually right on point, appropriately biting, and amusing.
Every admirer has their own view about General Hospital, and Soap Hub is no different. We observed everything—the good, the terrible, and everything in between—for five days, and now we’re here to give you a helpful recap and a lighthearted analysis of the GH week that was.
General Hospital: The Critic’s POV
General Hospital happenings that left my mouth agape: Eileen (Heather Mazur) copping to being Victor’s (Charles Shaughnessy) lover as well as his lackey — that sure did come out of nowhere; all that discussion about Victor not being able to ahem rise to the occasion; the return of the seemingly forsaken plot thread that was Selena (Lydia Look) dosing Victor; and Laura’s (Genie Francis) genuine lack of concern that bare armed and bare legged Ace was about to be taken down to a dank parking garage.
If the scene hadn’t been ruined for me a few days earlier, I probably would have gasped at Dex’s (Evan Hoffer) and Sonny’s (Maurice Benard) end-of-the-week dilemma. pitfalls of working as a show writer.
Further GH Musings
- As a lover of soap operas, I am continually willing to postpone disbelief, but I have been finding it difficult to accept that General Hospital, the named medical facility, not the program, is only 60 years old.
I only ask for one episode featuring the antics of Lucy (Lynn Herring), Valentin (James Patrick Stuart), and Anna (Finola Hughes), with Martin (Michael E. Knight), Felicia (Kristina Wagner), and Robert (Tristan Rogers, of course, as “guest stars”*.
Speaking of Lucy, I understand that the nutcase is an acquired flavor, but I actually think she’s hilarious — even if I do lament the character’s earlier, slightly harder edge.
- While it’s good to see Mac (John J. York) and Cody (Josh Kelly) get along, perhaps it would mean even more to see Mac and Kevin (Jon Lindstrom) coping with the consequences of Mac knocking Ryan (Jon Lindstrom) down like a rabid dog…merely an idea.
- Oh Gladys (Bonnie Burroughs), sometimes it’s so difficult to like you.
- Olivia (Lisa LoCicero) is still terrible in every way possible…nice to hear.
- Storylines that I’m eager to see wrapped: Marshall’s (Robert Gossett) misdiagnoses, Mason’s (Nathanyael Grey) endgame, Liesl (Kathleen Gati) and Scott’s (Kin Shriner) separation, Drew’s (Cameron Mathison) and Carly’s (Laura Wright) SCC BS, and Nina (Cynthia Watros) and Carly’s rivalry.
The latter has become more than stale, and I’m crossing my fingers against hope that Nina will choose the honorable path and refrain from using her recently discovered information regarding Drew and Carly’s secret dealing. Although I don’t believe that will truly happen, my prayer is that it will.
- General Hospital Spoilers: Josslyn’s Surprise Pregnancy Saves Dex – Sonny Spares Baby Daddy from Grim Fate?
- General Hospital Spoilers: Victor Hired Shooter to Kill Sonny – Shocking Twist Reveals Umbrella Story?
- General Hospital Spoilers: Liz Clears The Air About Nikolas – And Laura Lets Her
- General Hospital Spoilers: Spencer And Ava Save Nik Together?
- GH Spoilers: Spencer And Trina Will Disagree On Esme’s Ability To Be A Mother